Friday, September 4, 2009

litter, assfire everwhere, and randomness

I rode my bike to downtown before, even though it really is only like 15 min away, walking. But I wanted to ride my bike, since I haven't been doing much of that lately, oddly enough.
It was a pretty nice ride, except on the way back, there were two obnoxious motorcyclists behind me, with a serious case of assfire, ie. gunning their engines and speeding as fast as they could ahead of me. Weird. I guess assfire exists everywhere.
Also, sadly, litter. When I was walking before, I picked up two plastic bottles and a beer can, along the side of the road. Why do people litter?
Then I went to Target. I guess I didn't say this before but the Target here looks absolutely identical to the (Pgh) Waterfront Target. The first time I went into this Target it kind of unnerved me. It has the EXACT SAME layout and *exact same merchandise, in the exact same arrangements. The very first time I went there after we'd moved, I seriously felt deja vu, like OMG, Am I back in Pgh? Did I go thru the portal? I could be anywhere. I guess this is the point of chain stores but it is a weird feeling.
Maybe this is why I am drawn towards small and independently owned businesses.

*Except for the ISU apparel, which only appeared since the start of the school semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment