Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cyclone fevah

Well folks, here I thought one possible asset to Ames was the lack of professional sports. However, I had not counted on the extreme fervor of college sports, including, apparently, college sports which are not even doing that well. Okay, I don't know if that's true, I was going to even try to look up their record and tell you all this, but honestly I don't really care. So the first football game is
today (why is it even on a Thursday)? It is at 7 pm. Officially-sanctioned tail-gating starts
at....

wait for it....


1:00 p.m.

Good grief. Either this team is mega bad and everyone must be piss drunk by the time the game starts or... well I don't know.

Luckily, in case you were blind or living under a rock, once you step onto the bus, you will start to hear all about the game. Once you get on campus it's cyclone-fevah time.
Today we had to meet with someone in financial services and this woman was all decked in ISU
gear. The funniest part is when we asked if she was a big football fan, she said, No, not really.

But it truly was like being back in Pittsburgh (sorry, not dissing on Pgh, it's just the same level of sports fervor).

Today on the bus ride home, omg, the craziness. I encountered no less than 2 very young, fresh-faced (ie. Poppin' Fresh, right outta the oven) Mormon guys, several band members complete in ISU marching band uniforms, and an unfortunate smelly man, standing quite close to me.
Usually, I must say, the bus here is okay and much less crowded than PAT ever was.

Okay well that's about all I have to say about Cyclones. Except every other kid on campus wears a t-shirt that says "I am a cyclone" Maybe they give them out free to new students.

No comments:

Post a Comment