Saturday, September 19, 2009

Impromptu garage sales

Another funny thing I've noticed is the impromptu garage sales that occur here. There are some of the "regular" garage sales but I've seen that there are some people in the building which borders the main road here, who hold these semi-regular impromptu sales. Yesterday I had the good fortune to actually see them "setting up" for this. This involved pulling a card table onto the sidewalk and loading that up with about a dozen (?) old DVD players and a VCR or two, and some assorted DVD's. This was at around 3:30-4:00.
I wonder what, if anything, they managed to sell.

The better "sale" I saw was on a side street- randomly in someone's front yard, they had dragged out their recliner ( I wish I had gotten a picture of this), and slapped a "For sale: $20" sign on that thing. Also it was draped in red and gold (ISU colors) some sort of plastic or vinyl sheets.
I wonder if it sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment