Saturday, July 17, 2010

mysteries of the universe, part 1.

You can't buy parsnips if you try to go through the self-check out line at the grocery store-
they don't have one of those little pictures on the select your produce screen- weird?! You can of course purchase parsnips, I suppose we have always gone through the checker check-out lines and the cashier types in the code for it. But if you are trying to do the self-check out, we found out they don't have a listing for it. Does no one buy parsnips?
They're probably looking at us like we're such troublemakers...freaks... buying parsnips, bringing their own bags, crazy...

Also I tried these unsulphured dried mangoes I got at the co-op and they were gross! :( How sad...they smelled fairly gross, oddly like cheese, and didn't taste good at all! I love mangoes and I used to buy these delicious dried mangoes at the co-op in Pgh, they sold them in the bulk bin. I bought these unsulphured ones at the co-op here in a package and they really were awful. Anyone know why? I don't know anything about the fruit-drying process but why were these so yucky? They didn't even taste remotely like mangoes... Sigh I guess eating FRESH mangoes right off the tree last summer in Tobago really spoils you.

No comments:

Post a Comment