Monday, July 26, 2010

Granny's secret Kool aid habit and free food for me?

On Saturday at the hy-vee- Yes, this IS where many odd and interesting things happen...got in line behind this granny who was buying about $50 worth of Kool aid, all in individual little packets. Who knows why...Unfortunately the cashier was ringing up each one individually, although I'm sure there is some way to ring up multiples of the same flavor at once. That's one of those times you get in line thinking the person before you only has a few items and it will be quicker than scanning all the items yourself. Whoops. I think the packets were on some mega-sale, b/c they looked to be about 12 cents each, although I have no idea how much Kool aid is normally. She spent quite a bit of money on her total purchase though, and a lot of that on the kool aid....
Before when i stopped to buy a bagel, the guy working there gave it to me for free! I'd like to say it was due to my incredible charm or nice smile but I think he was just disgruntled, since he said, just take it, I don't feel like taking my gloves off to ring you up. But free bagel for me, so it's win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment