Tuesday, February 25, 2014

the international city...

Earlier I talked with a new cashier at the co-op who had an interesting accent and it turned out
she was originally from Germany.  But not Berlin.  I exposed my unfortunate level of ignorance
because I hadn't really heard of the city she was from and asked if that was the Bavarian region, mostly because I have heard of that and it's one of the factoids I know about geography.  Except
this woman was from somewhere in the North and apparently that is nowhere near Bavaria (in the south).  Also unfortunately I distracted her so much with my chit chat and questions and curiosity that she forgot to give me my change! ( I think she was new working there).
I probably could have thought of more things to ask her but there was another customer in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment