Wednesday, September 8, 2010

bear...

I'm not sure this deserves a post without an accompanying picture but to be honest, I haven't been daring enough to snap a picture of someone's front lawn. On one of the streets on the walk to downtown- I couldn't actually say which one because I don't really pay attention to the street names. But on the corner house, a while ago, we noticed the bear. At first it was placed prominently out on the front lawn, near the edge of the lawn by the sidewalk. It's a sculpture/metal (?) or maybe ceramic black bear- maybe one foot tall, maybe a little larger. Yes a bear. And on its head it wears a pair of mens' underwear. The briefs kind (in white). I'm not making this up (why would I????) Soooooo... on the walk to town we pass bear with underwear.
Periodically the bear is moved to a different location- it was on a different spot on the lawn and then moved to the area closer to the front door.

I don't know anything else about it. Except it's a bear with a pair of underwear on its head.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, the underwear is black. Not that it makes it any better.

    Perhaps the bear wants to be a black bear? Or not in Ames?

    Giant stuffed dog in window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, but it is still BEAR WITH UNDERWEAR!

    I will have to be brave and try to get a picture documenting this lunacy.

    ReplyDelete