Monday, May 13, 2013

new things

Things which I learned today:

  • Iowa has the sixth largest amount of Carnegie-funded libraries (by state), with 108 
          I'm so used to thinking of Carnegie as a Pittsburgh man and the beautiful Oakland library
           I knew I had come across Carnegie libraries in random places, like in the Northwest
        I just didn't realize quite how far his span reached, nor did I know the original Ames library (now under renovation), is in fact funded by Carnegie
  • A crow, sitting down, will take up the entire area (sq. footage) of our bird feeder - after many starlings and some lovely finches visited, today I was startled by a loud noise and saw a big crow taking up residence in the bird feeder.  He really went to town and just decided to settle in there for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment