Monday, January 10, 2011

nice things are nice

In our old address, we had the nicest and most hard-working mail carrier. Not only was he a super dedicated & conscientious mail carrier, he was just a friendly guy too. If we ran into him around our neighborhood, he always recognized us & gave us a friendly greeting. He would bring our mail and packages to the door sometimes. Right before moving & holiday vacation, we wrote out a Christmas card to him with a tip, although I still didn't even know his first name! I handed it to him while he was delivering the mail, to make sure he didn't think I was trying to give him some outgoing mail. Soon after that we were caught up with moving & holiday travel. Last week I saw a card with an unfamiliar name & address as the return address. When I opened it, I was delighted to see it was a very kind thank you note from the mail carrier (whose name is Chuck), thanking us and wishing us a good new year!
Yay for small towns and nice people!

No comments:

Post a Comment