Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring has Sprung, Liberty Man persists, and one fish, bad fish

Well, in case everyone wanted weather updates, Spring has returned to us, thankfully. It took a brief siesta there, went into hiding, hit us with last-minute cold snap & snow, but then returned, in full-standing to real honest Spring weather. It's such a relief and such an oddity, it's like you'd forgotten what grass looks like under those snow piles for the last 4 months and what it's like to go outside and not freeze.
In downtown, the Liberty Tax man still walks his beat. Up and down Main Street. I really have to wonder how effective this advertising campaign is. Is someone just meandering around downtown, perhaps on their lunch break, thinking, huh, I was going to do my taxes MYSELF but that Liberty Man makes a compelling argument for using a tax service. When I see him in his Statue of Liberty get-up, I want to go there and have someone do my taxes for me.

On to the fish... bought some cod at the local supermarket, which in previous experiences has been very tasty. And without opening it up and immediate refrigeration, it turned rank and spoiled, before eating/preparing it! What's up with that? Fortunately the store was eager to make amends and take it back and return the money spent. Maybe it swam up the Skunk River...

No comments:

Post a Comment