Sunday, December 13, 2009

Restroom's, The Revenge of Old George, Rubrics, Hockey and dog shows

Someone had told me (names omitted to protect the innocent) that there was a place that had some Greek/Middle Eastern food. I thought said person(s) actually said "good" Greek food but who knows, maybe I was imagining that. I had asked if there was any place you could get Greek food here. Apparently there is a pizza place that also has some Greek items. Sounded promising. Or at least plausible. There is a place called "Old George's". Oddly it used to be very close by and now is in West Ames.
Okay...so first, it is just a sort of crappy looking pizza place, but you know sometimes these places turn out to be good. One of my more recent favorites in Pgh was a very small storefront restaurant that had some excellent Middle Eastern food. But um, anyway back to the story at hand. This place is actually a pizza place that happens to have gyros. And not very good gyros. The kind that when you eat them, later they will be kicking around your stomach for hours. Protesting. Which leads to point #3 or so. Rubrics. Also the pizza looked pretty nasty but I'm not really the best judge of that since I don't like *most* pizza that much.
How do you consider ratings/opinion polls? I tend to be skeptical. Skeptical that I will agree and I think they are sort of meaningless unless you know how the other person(s) are rating them and what their standards are. For instance, people thought this place had some great food. If their standards were High Grease and Will make you feel slightly ill, then yep, 4 stars.
Anyhow.... it's always an adventure. The other strange thing we noted is there was this sign:
Restroom's
Yes, apostrophe "S". Not to be the grammar police but why the apostrophe? The sign belongs to the restroom? Or the restrooms? In which case, wouldn't it be restrooms'?

We also checked out a Cyclones hockey game which was packed and I gotta say, sorta exciting for a while. Of all the sports which I have no interest in, I think hockey actually comes out ahead, since it is fast and easy to watch. But it seemed to be a pretty uneven bout, what with the ISU team trouncing the Hawkeyes (Univ of Iowa) and leading 6-0 at the end of the 2nd period.

What else is there to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment